Nothing says summer like a fresh key lime pie. This is my dad’s favorite, so I made it recently when going to my parent’s for dinner. This is such an easy recipe to make ahead of time, and it is absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
- The most time consuming part is just squeezing all of the mini key limes. Note that for this recipe it takes me about 30 little limes to yield 3/4 cup lime juice. I use a small mesh strainer for the seeds and pulp.
- They sell already crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs at the store which I highly recommend as a time saver. This is literally the crust recipe right off the box because it’s the best and holds its shape perfectly.
- Fresh Whipped Cream makes the pie. If you can, wait until right before serving to make the whipped cream. Place your mixing bowl in the freezer about 15 minutes ahead of time before mixing for best results. If you need to make the WC ahead of time it will keep in the fridge for about half a day so just whisk it again right before serving.
Key Lime Pie
Fresh Key Lime Pie. A delicious summer dessert.
- 1¼ Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 -14 Ounce Cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ¾ Cup Key Lime Juice
- Extra Limes for grated lime zest garnish
- Fresh Whipped Cream:
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Step 1 Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Mix together until well blended. Use a fork to press the mixture into a pie dish.
- Step 2 Pie: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lime juice. Stir until you have a smooth and creamy texture. Pour the mixture onto the pie crust and spread evenly leaving a smooth surface. Bake pie in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn oven off and leave pie to remain in the oven for another 30 minutes. As the pie rests in the oven, place a loose sheet of foil over the surface to prevent from browning. Refrigerate for at least two hours prior to serving.
- Step 3 Whipped Cream: Place ingredients into chilled bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium-high until the mixture begins to take shape and peaks begin to form.
- Step 4 Garnish pie with whipped cream and lime zest and serve chilled.