This recipe comes from my dad’s grandmother, Grandmother Watson – my great grandmother. Needless to say, I have been eating these my entire life. I crave these little bites of cheesy goodness. They are very filling and make a ton so I have to find an excuse to make them for a party or having people over so that I do not eat them all. This is one of my all time favorite appetizers and everyone you serve them to will rave about them. I mean how can you go wrong with bacon and cheese?!? Enjoy!
A few recipe tips:
- The Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Bread is key on this recipe! (Trust Me)
- I find that the bacon is more flavorful if I cut it into small pieces before cooking it rather than crumbling after. This also allows you to cook it all at once in a medium skillet.
- I like to pre-toast my almonds before I add them to the mixture. While the oven is heating up I pop them in there for a few minutes because I think that toasted almonds have a much richer flavor.
- When slicing right before serving I highly recommend using a pizza cutter. It cuts through the cheese well and makes it a quick process.
- If you do not wish to make the whole batch at once, the cheese mixture will keep very well in the fridge for a few days.
Hot Cheese Bacon Squares
Delicious Appetizer - Cheese Bacon Squares
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Worcester Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teasppon Instant Salad Blend Seasoning
- 12 Bacon Slices - Cooked and Crumbled
- 2 Medium Size Whole Green Onions - Chopped
- 1 - 2 1/2 Ounce Package of Sliced Almonds
- 1 - 8 Ounce Package Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Sliced White Bread
- Step 1 Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Step 2 Combine mayonnaise and Worcester sauce – stirring until blended. Add next 6 ingredients.
- Step 3 Spread On Bread Slices.
- Step 4 Cook for 10 Minutes.
- Step 5 Allow to cool for a few minutes and then slice each piece into quarters with a pizza cutter.
- Step 6 Serve warm.