Do you love bread? Do you love sweets? Well, have I got the recipe for you! This prune bread recipe is the perfect combination of both. It's a sweet treat that's perfect for breakfast, dessert, or any time of day. And the best part? It's super easy to make!
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 cup chopped prunes
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Tools for the Job
-Measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped prunes and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
Keys to Success
-Make sure to chop your prunes and walnuts into small pieces so that they distribute evenly throughout the bread.
-Don't overmix the batter or your bread will become tough.
-Be sure to let the bread cool before slicing it.
Change it Up
-Add a teaspoon of lemon zest for a citrusy twist.
-Replace the prunes with raisins or dried cranberries for a different flavor.
-Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder for a chocolatey kick.
This prune bread recipe is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth while still enjoying a delicious loaf of bread. And the best part? You can make it in just a few simple steps! So whip up a batch today and enjoy a slice (or two) with your morning coffee or as a dessert after dinner.