This is my all time favorite chicken salad recipe because it has a very light dressing. This is a great go to for girls get togethers or for hosting showers. I like to serve this on a croissant or for a party on mini croissants as finger sandwiches. It is also great over a bed of butter lettuce.
Cranberry and Pecan Chicken Salad
- 1/3 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- One Rotisserie Chicken Shredded or Diced
- 3/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 3 Ribs Celery, Diced
- 1 Cup Pecans, Coarsely Chopped
- Step 1 Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt. Refrigerate.
- Step 2 Place chicken, cranberries, and celery in a medium sized serving bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Step 3 Just before serving add pecans and toss gently.
** I have made shortcuts to this recipe by using the mayonnaise and rotisserie chicken.
For the dressing: If you want to make from scratch you can substitute the mayo with 2 large eggs yolks and mix together with other ingredients in a food processor and slowly add in 3/4 cup vegetable oil.
For the chicken: If you prefer to cook the chicken at home I recommend poaching it.