My husband and I both work full time so we are always in the early morning rush of trying to balance a morning working out routine, getting dressed and ready for the day while still trying to start the day right with a healthy breakfast…and be on time to work. These Healthy Eggs Muffins have helped solve that dilemma. I typically make them on Sunday evenings so that they are ready to go throughout the week. The below recipe is my favorite “go-to”, but you can really make this your own by substituting the protein and veggies of your choice. Enjoy!
Healthy Egg Muffins
- 12 Large Eggs
- 8 Slices Cooked Bacon (You can substitute cooked breakfast sausage or ham if you prefer)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion - diced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper - diced
- 1 cup Fresh Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Butter or Cooking Spray
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2 Sauté the bacon – as a tip I cut it into small chunks before I cook it so that you can cook a large quantity more quickly and it is very full of flavor
- Step 3 Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl
- Step 4 Add all other ingredients in order and whisk together
- Step 5 Coat the muffin tins in butter (I prefer the natural flavor and taste of butter so I melt it and apply to the pan with a silicon brush, but a quick alternative is to use cooking spray if you prefer)
- Step 6 Distribute the egg mix evenly into the muffin tin. It should fill 12 perfectly.
- Step 7 Bake for 20 minutes and let cool. (Note that they will rise out of the pans when cooking, but will fall within minutes of cooling).