This is a Nixon Family classic from my Father-in-Law and his side of the family. I remember that this was one of the first dinners I had at my now in-laws when Stewart was “courting” me and I loved it! This is wonderful to serve for a large party because flank steak is relatively inexpensive, but still so tender and holds wonderful flavor. This recipe is so simple that I have been tempted to doctor it just based on principal, but it really does not need anything else. I served this last weekend with the potatoes au gratin that I posted last night, homemade rolls and a green salad. Enjoy!
Flank Steak Marinade
Flavorful and Tender Flank Steak
- 3 Pounds Flank Steak
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce ( I use low sodium)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil ( I use slightly less OO)
- Step 1 Generously coat the flank steak with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl whisk together the honey, soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger and mix well.
- Step 3 Whisk in the olive oil.
- Step 4 Place steak in a large Ziploc bag or container and coat with the marinade.
- Step 5 Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Step 6 Set meat out at least 30 minutes before cooking so that it can acclimate to room temperature.
- Step 7 Grill to your desired temperature. (I suggest medium rare).
- Step 8 Let the meat sit for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing.
- Step 9 Slice meat against the grain and serve!