This is a quick and simple recipe to make a delicious and quick pizza sauce at home.
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
This is a quick and simple recipe for delicious homemade pizza sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Small Onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 - 15-ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Spices
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Step 1 Add olive oil to pan over medium-high heat.
- Step 2 Add in onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until translucent
- Step 3 Add garlic and sauté for another minute
- Step 4 Add chicken broth to deglaze the pan and cook until reduced by half.
- Step 5 Add in the tomatoes, salt and pepper, sugar and herbs. Stir to combine.
- Step 6 Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.