Classic Pizza Dough
Classic Homemade Pizza Dough
- 2 Cups Bread Flour, plus extra as needed
- 11/8 Teaspoon instant or rapid rise yeast
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Warm Water
- Step 1 Gently whisk flour, yeast and salt together in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Step 2 Using the dough hook, turn on mixer to low-medium speed and and oil then warm water.
- Step 3 Knead until rough ball forms – 30 to 40 seconds. Then let dough rest for two minutes.
- Step 4 Knead for another 30 seconds. If at this point the dough is still sticky and clinging to the hook add extra flour as needed.
- Step 5 Transfer dough to lightly floured surface and knead by hand to form a smooth, round ball. (About 1 minute).
- Step 6 Place dough in lightly greased large bowl, cover tightly with greased plastic wrap.
- Step 7 Let rise until doubled in size – 1 to 1.5 hours. (Note: I like to place my dough in the oven with a pan of warm water on the rack below. The oven should be off.)