I love to cook much more than I like to bake, so I love desserts that are easy to whip together ahead of time. You can never go wrong with Banana Pudding – it is delicious and so easy to make. This is a pretty classic recipe that many of you may have a version of as well. I have also added Cream Cheese in the past, but I find that I prefer this recipe without it. I like the light consistency of the pudding that absorbs the flavor of the fresh bananas. Enjoy!
Delicious Classic Banana Pudding
- 1- 14 Ounce Can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Cold Water
- 1 (4 serving size) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 2 Cups Cool Whip
- Nilla Wafers
- 3 Medium Bananas - Sliced
- Step 1 In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix and beat well. Chill five minutes.
- Step 2 Dip sliced bananas in fresh squeezed lemon juice. Set aside.
- Step 3 Fold Cool Whip into pudding mixture.
- Step 4 Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2 quart glass serving bowl. Top with 1/3 each of the wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat layering twice, ending with pudding on top.
- Step 5 Chill thoroughly. Garnish as desired.
- Step 6 Refrigerate leftovers.